Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lift me up before you go go (JK I know the lyrics)

Okay funny story about yesterday.

9th floor, Dana Porter Library, 6.30 pm:
Ok after correcting papers, working on a presentation and thinking about working and after having a crunchy "4 heures" at 6 I decided it was time to go. Even though I will one day have a one night stand with the library, opened until 11 pm.
So packing, getting ready and going.
The Lift, an amazing race in a building, ups and down, I bet this is the one that has the more ups and downs in one day.
Anyway, I was listening to Gojira, which in an ipod, full volume makes a lot of noise =
1st funny fact (because everyone was pretty much intrigued)
2nd funny fact: the image of the lift opening in front of rooms where people are just working and us just standing up straight not moving, just waiting, no talking, no sneezing, no breathing? just thinking out loud in our heads.
3rd funny fact: American lift, this lift made me think of all these movies with scenes in a lift, huge lifts where people don't talk to each other but scrutinize each other, a judgmental gaze: "your music makes a lot of noise"; "what is she wearing", "oooh god I have to pee badly", "shit I hate these guys". What do people think in a lift never appears on their faces.

I was laughing, and my music screaming out loud in my ears.

This is it, it was just funny and I was laughing by myself because I bet I was the only one having this experience of the lift, the American lift (north american).

No comments:

Post a Comment