Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to the beginnings

So Everything that has a Beginning has an End, Agree or disagree, however I got here on September, 3rd and since then It has been a pretty good time around here.
Waterloo not the one you think ooo dear mamma mia, but the one in Ontario, Canada of course pour les non-initiés, ohh and yeah I will use franglais from now and then. Don't worry you'll juste get used to it, c'est simple comme la life. (à prononcer s-i-m-p-o-l/ l-a-i-f-e).

It all started on the 2nd, for sure, since no train would have taken us on time to Charles De Gaulle. So I was there with my dad and it was my last frenchie night, frenchie meal and everything.
Morning:
5.25 => breakfast, bread and my last baguette but sadly no beurre demi-sel of course les Parisiens have bad taste and don't eat beurre demi-sel. Anyway, en route to the Airport.
7ish => waiting, waiting, sadly leaving is also sad, especially when you leave someone, your family, friends and everything.
7.10 => (btw I'm just making up the actual clockwise schedule) check-in ooooooops 20ks yeah sorry my books are heavy (or my shoes ;) paying, checking, weighing, going, waiting, undressing, redressing, waiting, crying, lonesome feeling, riding, walking up, sitting, fastening seat-belt, taking off, flying: here we are.
1.00 (local time please): driving, oo and my random buddy from the flight was from France of course and going to Toronto, nice ;) back to where I began, driving and randomly again someone from the French Department of Waterloo Where I actually happen to work for was in the same coach.
3.00: Waterloo, Ontario, 9 Avondale Avenue North, weird feeling, is this really here I did not get the wrong address right. Ok Coming up, showing up in our kitchen and there he is Nico, hey nice to meet you. Then again the chain of picking up, carrying unpacking, settling, and here I am a new Waterloo resident for a year (at least).

Donc à peine arrivée, first day, first hockey game, freezingly awesome Go Rangers, ils ont gagné par ailleurs. Bon bien sûr, I still have to learn the rules because you were just clapping and screaming like everyone else.
Then first night with my roomies two chilean guys as C-R-A-Z-Y as I am or as we all are to a certain extent. I got to taste chilean wine and beers and we all enjoyed a gig in our own place, so don't talk about cultural shock there are none. Everywhere, everytime, partout, de tout temps, tout ce partage, tout se comprend, même avec différents langages, genre si je me mettais à parler en verlant vous comprendriez, you got it right. Excepté pour ceux qui soit ne parlent pas français, ceux qui parlent un peu d'anglais et un peu de français et qui parlent verlant couramment enfin bref tout le monde.
I think I'll keep it to english on some days and french to others so that everyone gets the chance to know what I'm talking about.
Getting back to the beginning, (and I'm definitely sure it has no end since the definition of beginning consists in starting something so if you begin then you just begin, don't mention another word and then you won't have to finish) the first week end was all about visiting Waterloo, the shops (grocery shopping: boring), the places and mostly the landscapes.
For sure this is Canada, all around here you have huge parks, trees as colourful as the people here, and with fall colors, they are as warm as its people. More coming soon....



No comments:

Post a Comment