Thursday, December 22, 2011

Whaaaaaaat : illegal immigrant

On this day, known as the 22nd of December, I'm officially considered as an illegal immigrant in the states....ooooooops my mistake.

Let me rewind a bit... In September, after having been stuck and wandering around Buffalo I was able to go to Canada. However, I had to go back to the States for my friends' wedding and I had my visa waiver in order... Then, after the wedding weekend, I went back home, with a relaxed mind. I was at the border (finally) getting my study permit and did not really take into account that Visa waiver... should have I guess.

Hours, days, weeks, months go by and we're today or maybe a tiny bit earlier, we're yesterday. Chillin', smokin' shisha with R, catchin' up on what's new and what happened, talking about our travels and then it hits me hard in the face like a Maple Leaf's puck :  I forgot to surrender my I-94W form.

I start freaking out, just a bit, you know the states are not the most heart-warming persons and welcoming in terms of immigration. I started researching methods of not being considered illegal or having over-stayed my visa... and of course the internet is great and offered me the answer on a plate. I just needed to send the green paper (not a green card of course) to a specific address with, however, a whole bunch of evidence, proof of your residence in a different country: debit or credit card receipts, bills, contracts, passports, tickets OOooo MMmmm GEeeee. What else a coffee topped with milk foam and chocolate powder??? Ok, on my way to school to scan all the necessary documents, a letter of explanation with my information and I'm all set to send them the evidence that of course I'm not an illegal immigrant ;)

I guess I'd do the same if it was to prove that I was a legal immigrant.

Express post and hopefully next time I'm going to the states I'll have to be a billion nicer than what I should (just in case that they have it in my record, since they already have my picture and finger prints XXXX)

So from now on, I will definitely let them take the card before I go!



US : I want to be in order (I am, I'm in Canada)

Ze paper in question
Coleeeeeeny out ===>

No comments:

Post a Comment