Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Way to go

Ohlalalala I'm such a bad updating person. Let's face it I update certain things like me yeah every six months or so i need a reset, a crisis that says oooh STOP you've been too far let's get back on track (this happened last week though: Migraine thanks for letting me know)
Anyways I should finish the NYC story but can't even remember where I've left The Story Wait, i'll come back in a few mins and will finish it


................................................................................................................................................................................................................                                                                                  ................................................

Ok there we go.

So on thursday, bright sunshine, bright sky line, seagulls playing, well it was time for me to go check the old lady saying high from over there, the lady on the other side. Taking the subway, walking to the deck, passing the security checkpoints (ooo take off your glasses the detectors are too sensitive, no kidding) getting on board. Well that went well and pretty fast and actually really good since I met a travel buddy for the day (and more) you know what we say about meeting new people from different walks of life, you always get to see everyone again. Anyways, navigating through a storm of cameras and almost involved in a shipwreck (just adding some suspense here) we got on the other side ;)

Big Lady, you got some crazy gigantic arms, legs, feet whatever. Making fun in front of her (inside her, mmmmmmmmm please no "that's what she said" jokes that would really be inappropriate) especially since I really "broke" in because first I did not have the right to have a backpack and did and almost got in and then MOSTLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T PAY FOR A TICKET TO GET IN THE STATUE.
Talk about security, (btw I should make sure no home affairs guy or others (see what I mean) will read this (noooooo where would the fun be in that case). So I got in there, took a tour, pix and went to the other island yeah the immigrants one you know where everyone first got or set their foot on (before the moon) loool.

We explored the building and relived history, tried finding out if whether some members of our families were there but NOPE it was for that exhilarating moment where MAYBE.

A maybe is "everything is possible" so maybe...

After that I went back downtown and made my way towards 30 ROCK because I had to do it, I had to do it. This was great, before getting in I went a separate way from my buddy travelers, and had to wait for our turn to get to the TOP OF THE ROCK. Therefore I just started "flaner" on 5th avenue and other places around, the ice-skating place etc etc.

On the top it was awesome, a different view from ESB but still a great one. Took my time definitely just because you have that crazy crazy feeling of who's up there, who's on top (JK) still the view really is amazing.

Went back down got my pix from TOP OF THE ROCK yeahhh and i think i went home because walking around that day was just crazy. Plus I had to walk even more the day after, being the 31st and having two museums left and ooo yeah NEW YEAR'S EVE ;)

So that friday I went to MOMA and the MET: these museums are awesome and I would have loved hanging out there for much longer but anyways... I won't talk about these visits much just that I saw some pretty good classics from Van Gogh to Pollock (whom I love) from Picasso to Monet etc etc AWESOME masterpieces!!!

After that I went to Central Park and had to go from the East Side to the West one and meet some friends for dinner before trying to get into TIMES SQUARE. We had a really good dinner with oldies (old friends) and new ones and at one point i tried to go to Times Square. I walked around, talked to some police officers, went to one entrance and was told that because of my backpack I would not get in.... :( too bad......... Anyways I was not that sure i'd be freezing my A** off. Just went back to a friends party in what we call RIGHT ON TIME (yeaaaaaaah VIVA the 80's and 90's house music) and spent a Happy New Year. Some friends were sick making that night pretty epic but that was great.

The day after (ahaha) waking up hanging in the apartment and then Chinatown to meet up with oldies, old friends again ;) We started hanging out for a bit had some fun doing some fake shopping and went separate ways :(

After that I got back home, got some rest and went back out for a last din din in NY: burrito night (or actually it ended being a Taco night ;)

Good friends, good food, good nights out.

The day after I was back in a bus (that I almost missed thinking it was 10:50 when in fact it was at 9:50 but as smart as my ass is I showed up earlier to be cool). Long way back home sits uncomfortable, had a Tim Burton movie marathon, was glad to cross the frontier and be back in Canada, got to Toronto, back to Loo and then to T's place where I had dinner, shower and drinks.

This is how great NY was


About january, that's a whole other story: applying for a PhD, working on my thesis, lectures, children's literature, bars, diners friends un bal craziness as usual. Therefore more to come

"Live Fast and Die Young"

Tha Big Lady

Coconut & Baby-sitter

Big Foot?

30 ROCK ;)

Ice-Skating at 30 ROCK

NBC

Top of the Rock by light

Top of the Rock by dark ;)

MACINTOSH (MOMA)









Previous pix: from MOMA

How do you call that figure of style/speech

No comments:

Post a Comment