Monday, June 4, 2012

Balls' view??.... at Ball's falls

Ball's view oh wait no Ball Falls' Conservation area with some canadian nuts in the air...

Well well well, how to start a day and how to end it??? You can never control it. Just to set the tone, it was on sunday, parents visiting from France and a day trip planned ahead. Starting early with some hearty breakfast : the hungryman's delight (3 eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast and coffee); and slowly moving to a cruising drive down 401/403/QEW and the vineyard region of Niagara Falls.

Nothing fancy you must say. Well I wouldn't agree more if it weren't for some quite disturbing sightings.

Tawse winery had this magnificent castle entrance, you felt like entering a vineyard-- of course not the Fffrrrench way but you know canadian way of saying yeah bitches we grow wine down there soooooo big doors, pathways, huge fountain, big wooden doors for the building etc. My palate couldn't get any of the exhilarating sweetness and flavors of these wines but my nose quite enjoyed them. Starting or mostly stopping with the Cabernet Franc icewine. This raspberry/strawberry (berries mostly) perfume just took my heart away....

One glass of Pinot, one glass of Chardonnay, one glass of each of their icewine later, we tried to hit the road again. Unfortunately the rain hit it first. We waited for a few more minutes inside and then head out and took the Ford Fusion again (opening sunroof, just so you know).

Next on the list was Calamus: different style, different taste, but still as good as one can get. Again what struck my attention was the description of a Cabernet Franc from 2009. Plum, cherry, balanced... these words resonated in my brain but also on my palate. I couldn't help but imagining those floods of tasty fluids in my mouth. So we gave it a try and apparently words can describe it pretty decently: a full-bodied wine, balanced...

Since we were trying to get things done around the region, we decided to go to the conservation area after (being an advanced time in the afternoon....) So there we were, walking to the upper falls, feeling like the last Mohicans, yes it does look like this...

Well there aren't much water left, but the sight was amazing. There was still another guy to have a look at so we went to the lower falls (27 m height). Crossing the park, the bridge, walking the pathways, crossing the heritage centre, an old church, an old barn, and the falls, it's pretty high man. Ohh wait is there someone praying down there...

I can see an orange bag, a white and blue striped form, and then I do turn my head cause I also thought that maybe someone fell or something... (I would have loved to). Nope... but a couple actually getting it on (or should I say in????), on the rocks. Yeap ball's view instead of ball's falls. Well that kinda made everything look.. should I say weird, I can't even find something to describe this moment perfectly I actually have no clue on what to say or how to say it. It was super random and they were just--of course-- not classy at all. To the details: so guy : shirt on (of course) white and blue (like a team's jersey), pants down, shoes on//Girl: black shirt and red dress (still on)... And to spice things up, I think I just found the word, animal (not bestiality not like something savage and stuff) but they looked like animals and kinda showing themselves off : doggy-style.

That's it, Ball's view will be remembered for its falls and its "balls" (and not the actual brothers who were granted land by the British crown during the American revolution for being Loyalists...)


Well now, Coleeeeeny out ========>

No comments:

Post a Comment